This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Technology imitates art, which imitates life, which sucks

Hey der

I am back to bring the noise and such.

What's that you say? You'd like me to post another poem?

Cheeky monkey. Nobody tells me what to do.

Alright, alright stop your blubbering.

How about I post an E-poem? What's an E-poem you ask?

What did I tell you about talking back?

Fine I'll tell you. (Bloody whiner)

An E-poem is a poem written in "real time" directly to the web.

That way the creative process is entirely electronic,

without all the pesky interference of "real life"

This ensure that the end result is as inorganic as possible,

while still being spontaneous. It's all the rage.

What's that you say? I just made this whole thing up?

Why you lousy such and such....

Fine doubter, I'll show you.

Here goes:


Kill the modern day view

You'll be burned alive by time

Burried neck deep in yesterdays

and caught in the currents of tomorrow

I raise a fist against conformity

Just like everyone else

I am the barcode

I am the ampersand

No one remebers why

We only remeber when

There was a question no one asked

to an answer no one found

don't go looking for solutions

when you're buried in the ground

I got a fist full of broken promises

and a pocketfull of lies

and I'm burning like the atoms

that are falling from the sky

See? That's an E-poem, a poem written entirely in cyberspace,

that nebulous pseudo-concept that transhumanists fantasize about

and failed Sci Fi writers use a stock backdrop for their "epics".

It's so very po-mo (that's for you CB) and ever so cyber punk.

Anyway, let me know what you think. (so i can make fun of you)

2 Comments:

Blogger bazooka radio said...

PO-MO!

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

P.S. The verification word for validating this post as being human is "zzqebck". Man that could be the next Quebec long bearded super old time rock and/or roll band, ZZQebck!

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home