This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Friday, January 13, 2006

Waxing poetic

Hello. I don't imagine anyone actually read my last post, but if you did, here's where I make good on my promise and include some poetry I wrote. Feel free to avert your eyes, as I'm hardly the next Blake or Frost. Although I might be the next Ginsberg, seeing as how I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical. They were watching MTV.

Anyway here goes. This one's called Buy U.
It's sort of an ode to capitalism.


At any given moment there are
a thousand spinning wheels,
spinning furiously to produce
their chaotic organization,
fervent momentum towards a common,
yet strangely non-communal goal.

Every individual instant
there are a million raised voices
spouting oxymoronic slogans
and endless hackneyed and empty idioms
that serve as a buffer
from compassion and understanding

Somehow there exists
this perpetual motion,
hands continually grasping,
clawing, pulling us forward
in the search for more wealth,
less meaning, more status
and less substance.

This cycle will continue,
unabated, into perpetuity.
They will be feeding the flames
of this fire even as they
themselves are consumed by them.

And when decay rots away
their greed and they fall
away into judgment
others will grow up
like weeds
to take their place.

If you can hear me
over the din
of the machinery
take heed:

Life is not for gold,
we are souls,
not solely bodies,
and there is a purpose
beyond consumption,
a world beyond this one
of gun-smoke
and plastic wrap.



.....Pretty wordy huh?
Or as the intellectuals say "verbose"
Let me know what you think Ye Philistines.

2 Comments:

Blogger bazooka radio said...

Ithink you should cut your hair so me and my buddies can tie you up and cut out your eyes. Don't worry later on you can crush us under tons of rock.

aka: good poem.

10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10/10

P.S. efqyzqq

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home