This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Friday, July 04, 2008

Another crappy emo poem

Things you said

You said everything would be okay
said I'd be fine,
things work out
the universe provides
whatever the hell that means

And I believed you
because you said you loved me
So why would you lie?

You said "You'd better not leave me"
I said "I love you"
You said "really?"
and I said "Of course"
Because I was young and foolish
and that is my perennial mistake
falling in love

You said "You make me happy"
and your words enveloped me like
sweet perfume, caressing my soul
and filling me with a false sense of security
because you were my heart
and I would have walked through fire for you

You said "You're sweet"
but I could think
of nothing sweeter than your smile,
nothing that soothed like the fullness of your lips,
that stirred me like the feeling of your body pressed to mine

You said you were leaving
and then you walked out of the room
as I sat there in the darkness
left with the echo of your footsteps
and your words in my head

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home