This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Resolutions

Been awhile since I graced the internet with my wit.
Seems so empty without me, to quote that ever so
clever bon vivant Marshal Mathers, may he rest in peace.

Wrote this today. Actually, it sort of wrote itself.
Don't know if it's any good, don't really care, it's mine.

I'm calling it "Resolutions"

I want to be strong.
Stronger than death,
stronger than pain,
stronger most of all than this
stupid ache in the swell of my chest,
call it a heart, a soul,
call it whatever the f*ck you want,
it hurts like hell and it wont go away.

It's grey again today,
another day muted,
dulled meaning,
veiled sunshine.

I want it to glow.
I want the sun to burn,
burn away the clouds and shadows,
burn away impurity and leave only
the gold of our best days,
our shining moments

The day seems empty,
silent, dead
I want to scream
shatter the void of silence
with raw truth and beauty
with passion and things unsaid
but felt always

I want to carve a path before me,
of fire and light
leaving smoldering ashes in my footsteps
the ruins of a concrete mockery of existence
simulacrum of real life

I would spread fire with every movement
burning in my heart, shooting through my veins
sparking in hearts like dry leaves, kindling

We would see it reflected in the flames as they spread
We, a thousand foxes in a thousand fields, their tails ablaze

It would speak to us
in crackling whispers:
this is living
this is truth
this is love

1 Comments:

Blogger Mokuu said...

profile pic is waaaaaaaaay different from your current look.

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home