This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Friday, May 18, 2007

Blog Resurrection

Wow.


Been awhile since I posted anything up here. That's what happens when you have work

part-time, go to school full-time, and use all your free time to try to save the world.


Ah well, who needs a social life.


Course my recent discovery of Facebook hasn't helped at all.


Man that sucker's addicting.


At any rate since last I posted here true believers, much has transpired.(I used to think nobody read this thing, so right about now would be where I made some sort of snotty remark about my non existant audience, but apparently people do read this stuff, they just don't post anything. Bastards.) So much so, that in order to do the events justice, I would have to transcribe them in the medium of epic poetry, a la Milton.


Fortunately for you, I won't be doing that, i'll stick to regular, run of the mill, just the facts ma'm, expository prose. So withou further ado, here's the scoop:


First off, The Vanguard vernissage went freakin amazing. A bunch of people showed up, there was live painting, Marjorie, my teacher and the Graphic Design department head, gave a speech (quite a good one I might add, very eloquent). It was great, the art looked amazing. I still can't believe we pulled it off.


Second the book finally got printed. It's really real, an actual physical object taking up space in the third dimension, with weight and volume and everything. Not to toot our own horns, but other than some minor typos (we'll be printing a second run with corrections) and a few other snaffu's, it looks fantastic. Everyone we've shown it to has been very impressed.


The night of the book launch was also quite awesome. There were performances by spoken word artists and musicians, and they we're incredible. This one dude Stephen Thomas was just insane, he was a "slam" poet, and his stuff was so great, he performed it with passion, emphatically, it was really moving. It was like beat poetry or jazz without music, there was a weight to it, it felt like every word was a revelation or a heartfelt confession. My explanations just can't do it justice, you'd have to see him for yourself.


Other than that, there were some small tragedies in my personal and romantic life, nothing soul destroying, but definitely not pleasant.