This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Monday, March 06, 2006

Three poems for the price of your soul (prices may vary)

Hey there cyberkids,

It's been about three weeks since the last time I posted (I blame society), so I figure I should prolly get off my ass and post something yeah? Shut up, nobody asked you. Anyway, since it's
Been awhile, I decided to post three, count em three older poems this time out. Yes you heard me, your minds are about to be exploded by the sheer force of the splendiferous awesomosity of my versatile versification. It be epic. Three two one brain esplodah

Yesterday was all the time it took to say I'm sorry
Today was everything that I forgot to feel
Tomorrow is the echo of an old familiar story
of everything that's eminent and nothing that is real

I used to take the time to wonder
Now I wonder about my time
I've been slowly going under
I'm beginning to unwind

I can watch it as it happens
the parade of empty words
It's a joke but no one's laughing
It's alarming and absurd

You use to say that everything's ahead of us
You use to tell us we could make it if we try
We never noticed there were fissures in the edifice
We never thought we'd be swallowed in a lie

I never thought I'd start to listen to the idiots
I never thought I'd get cynical and hard
I've got an edge and I can't seem to get rid of it
I never thought I trade inches for a yard

So here's to you kid, you finally killed your innocence
Hey where's the fun in murder suicide
I tried to cry, but I only end up laughing
Irony's a stupid way to find out that you've died

And a number two:

I'm allergic to the alphabet
Letters are not my friend
Sentences tried to kill me
paragraphs spell the end

I was alive with symbols
you were a metaphor
I was poetry in motion
you were a carnivore

I don't remember dying
You'd think it would leave it's mark
hey what's the use in trying
You did it on a lark

I hate to see me leave
But you love to watch me go
Don't pretend to be bereaved
I know it's all for show

This is a bloodstained letter
this is a eulogy
Don't try to make things better
You made a fool of me

Third times the (c)harm:

Waiting is like dying

I've been bleeding out my time

Waves of yesterdays are sliding

burning bridges in my mind

It's the tyranny of moment

over memory and space

I get swept up in the torrent

when I try to keep the pace

there's causality and karma

every action leaves it's mark

Things you never saw the harm of

end up tearing you apart

Every second serves to sever

Every moment moves you on

There's a weight to each endeavour

As life rushes you along

I am hope borne of potential

That has yet to be attained

There is no act inconsequential

Every note builds to refrain

Though I'm sick and tired of waiting

I refuse to waste my time

I have dreams invigorating

And I plan to make them mine

(I'm not sure if this one's finished yet.
I may add more later if I feel like it. So yeah, watch for that.)

So yeah there you go kids. Enjoy. This batch seems a little darker than usual, but it's all a unique glimpse in to my shattered psyche I guess. I should really start charging for the priviledge.

Until next time, I remain the one and only Matt X



P.S. : Don't worry Joe, I'm still working on my other poem. I'll post it soon. Also, i'll hopefully have some cool drawings and stuff up here soon, soon as I get the time. I've been doing about one or two quick sketches a day. So it's just a matter of scanning them in and/or polishing them up a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger bazooka radio said...

Your Rhymes be fierce like tigers!

Miggity miggity miggity miggity MAC!

Peep these bro dawg:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200602/N06.0228.1729.41808.htm

http://www.iam8bit.net/

6:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great poems! I especially like how you addressed me personally at the end!

P.S. hksboo

10:35 AM

 
Blogger bazooka radio said...

Dude, I am feeling all kinds of angsty today. I was hoping you might have something vitriolic for me to get riled up about today. Ah well.

Rock on bro, keep it real AND don't forget to stick it to the man.

Also, I think the new Satanic Surfers Album might be up your alley. It's pretty nice early 90's style punk rock. It's called taste the poison. (and they aren't satanic)

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home