This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Belated March Madness

Hello out there. Been awhile I knoes. I suppose someone should be
pointing out the obvious, since I'm on March break I should have a buttload of time to update my blog. Well you're partially right, I do have some projects to do, but I have the time yeah. So why haven't I yet you ask? Funny you should mention, I was house sitting for the last three days, and they had a computer there that I believe predates electricity. It was quite slow and therefore I opted to wait until I got back here to do any blog related activities. Anyway, I hope to have some pictures up soon, but not today, perhaps later this week. Alas I must attend work today, my only respite that I have given my two weeks notice, and start training at Ticket Pro on Saturday. So pray for that if ye be so inclined. I'm a little nervous, it's a fairly big change after two years of comfortable drudgery and familiar BS. Oh I almost forgot, I started writing poems on the bus any time that I'm not drawing on the bus. The exercise has produced what I daresay is my best poem yet. It's not yet titled, but I was leaning towards The Business of Making a Killing. Here it is:

I remember yesterday like it was tommorrow
it blurs around the edges like an unfamiliar sorrow
I woke up in a pool of sweat, I've forgotten who I am
And I just can't shake the feeling that I'm sinking in the sand
I get up wash off the evidence, apply a scent to hide my own
And I marvel at the tyranny of this cage of flesh and bone
I stand there for a second then it's time to choose a mask
There's a brand name and identity that is suited to each task
I grab my briefcase and a coffe as I'm headed out the door
Another soldier sent to slaughter in a neverending war
When I return covered in crimson my hair matted to my skin
You would never recognize me in the state that I am in
In my skull my head is pounding and my eyes will close no more
But i'll sleep sound in the knowledge: another win for status quo


Not bad eh? I'm gonna post more later, I'm still working on that
poem from before Joey. It's proving to be a challenge fitting it all
together the way I want. I'll post it as soon as I'm done.
Should have some more stuff up this weekend.

Take it easy,

Matt X

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good. Hey, don't forget we're hanging out this weekend.

P.S. See V For Vendetta. Strong message.

1:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and congrats on the new job!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger bazooka radio said...

Shazbot yo! Felicitations o nthe new job, that's pretty rad. What's ticket pro?

Sweet poem dude. The bus is the only place I wirte poems that are really any good. It's been awhile since i've been on a bus if you get my drift.

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home