This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Monday, July 17, 2006

Anonymity is overated

Hello

I found this poem online while searching for poems signed anonymous.

Thought I'd post it here. I rather like it, tho if it comes off as pro war to you, I make it clear that I'm a pacifist. The reason I like this particular poem, is becuase it points out the disposability of soldiers, how their viewed, and their role as pawns.

I'm not sure if that's how the author meant it, but hey that's what you get for not signing your work. Anyway here you go. It's quite short, so even if you hate it, it will at least be over with quickly.

God and the Soldier

God and the soldier
All men adore
In time of trouble,
And no more;
For when war is over
And all things righted,
God is neglected--
The old soldier slighted.


Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home