This is the place where I say stuff. I promise not that it shall contain nuggets of truth, timeless wisdom, or even be at all sensical. It will most probably also not be witty and urbaine. If it is it's probably by accident. It will however be written by me, be spliced with my poetry and drawings, and it will rock. (maybe)

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My first collaborative effort

Hello

I'm back once again to drop mad knowledge and rock it like
it's armaggedon and such. This week I'm laying down this
pic I did with a friend from work, Joe Toufexis. He's
am illustration and design student from Dawson, who's now off
doing his own thing. I met him thru Dennis and Billy Toufexis
(yes there's a relation), the guys who used to lead me bible study.
Anyway, he works at ticket pro now, and last shift I drew this robot
and bribed him into coulouring it in and shading it for me. He also
added some detail to the "wings". This drawing was done, incidentally,
because some guy asked me and joe to draw a gundam. (that guy is also an
artist BTW, he's trying to get into illustration at dawson) So we both
proceeded to draw what we thought a gundam looked like from memory. Joe
drew this 1950's style, scifi fantasy type robot that looked like a cross
between the terminator, and a gobot. I wish i had it to show you here.
I drew the robot you see before you, which looks a lot like a cross between a crappy transformer and a tranzorzee or Goldorak rip off.

Then joe coloured it in. Voila. Instant robot that doesn't look at all like a gundam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You work with Joey Toufexis? I went to highschool with his oldest brother Jason. His dad George is an AMAZING artist!!!

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home